After reading through chapter 3,
the concept of the relationship-centered orientation stood out to me the most.
This stood out to me because not only is it a concept I would like to put to
use in every one of my conflicts, it also would be best for most if not all to
use in their everyday struggles with others. At this point in my life there has
and will continue to be many conflicts that will take place throughout my daily
routines. Especially being that I’m a college student things like group projects
and living in dorms has placed many conflicts in my way that I probably didn’t
handle so good. Most of the time when it comes to conflicts in those two areas
it’s hard to come to a compromise fitting for both sides. So I feel the
relationship centered orientation is something I could use with these problems.
But most importantly, where I feel this orientation could help the most is with
my relationship. Constantly my girlfriend and I face conflicts where it seems
each person’s resolution is better than the others. But being in a relationship
you learn to come to compromises all the time, sometimes what’s best for the
both of you may not be best for one. In conclusion,
this is an orientation I find to put into play in my life and I hope will help
me get through my conflicts in the best way possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment