Sunday, February 26, 2012

Listening


The topic I would like to highlight in this week’s reading of Chapter 4 is listening. This concept stood out to me the most because it is a tool that I know can help or hinder me for the rest of my life. Naturally, I am I very vocal person. I tend to express my ideas and usually when I feel passionate about something I can argue about it intensely. At the same time while in a conflict or arguing with someone if I feel views are correct I tend not to listen to what the other person is saying or be critical about their views. Although I do believe I am a good listener, when it comes to situations in conflict that include me as one of the parties I turn away from being one. The book states listening is the desire to pay attention to another person, be open to their views, not be judgmental, and last but not least be patient. Being that I want to go into Public Relations as a career I know this is a tool I can very well use in the near future. So I hope this is one method I can put to use and make a part of my everyday character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment