Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mediating


I feel after reading chapter 11 the one concept or idea that stood out to me came from the whole chapter; what the definition of a mediator is and the right way to mediate.

Throughout my life time and the past conflicts I have taken apart in, I have always found myself being the mediator. After reading this chapter and learning about the role of a mediator and the steps to take during mediation, I realize how much help reading this chapter could have done and how much help it will do in the future. This chapter taught me how fractionation, framing, reframing, and common ground all could help in solving a dispute or conflict between two parties. Fractionation stood out to me the most. As explained in my previous post, this is the concept of breaking down complex issues into smaller, more manageable ones. This is a step that I know can help in all my conflicts and mediations the most. Because I feel this step takes a problem or issue and helps the parties deal with each issue one at a time. And with this starting step used in each conflict, whether I’m the mediator or not, I know can help any issue reach a resolution in a more quick and civil process.  

No comments:

Post a Comment