Sunday, April 15, 2012

Uncertainty Theory


The one concept that stood out to me in this week’s reading was the Uncertainty Theory. The book states that this theory occurs in a conflict situation when we have insufficient information to understand another’s motives, goals, or behaviors or when we do not understand how another is responding to us. This concept stood out to me, I can see in many of my conflicts where this is what took place. As I always talk about, this has happened probably in most of my conflicts with my roommates. Sometimes I infer things about others I am in conflict with and handle the situation completely wrong from there. Most of the time when it comes to me and this theory, I have said or done things that were detrimental to the relationship of the person I am in the conflict with. For example, after calling my roommate dirty, we had an awkwardness between us for a few days. I understand now form this theory that sometimes I have to look at a problems as a whole, and not jump to inferences based on unclear issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment