Friday, April 6, 2012

Social Networks


Social networks are something that I take part in on a regular basis. I do have a Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and sometimes I feel without them I would be left out from the social life most of friends take part in. When it comes to these social networks I try my best to not only portray myself in an appropriate manner, but also I try to portray myself as the real me. Now when I say the real me, I mean any information or post I decide to put on my page doesn’t portray as someone I’m not, or “fake”. Hopefully when others see my profiles on these networks, the impressions they get are good ones; and they can see that my profile and what I post on them parallels to the person I am in reality. But of course there are times where I have screwed up with my post. Most of the time initially I don’t see nothing wrong with my post, it’s not until after I realize what I said or posted showed me in a negative light. This relates to conflict and communication because in most cases when this happens to me it’s a family member that dislike what I posted. So even if what I posted was alright to me, to them they may have a problem with it. I do hear them put though, and sometimes realize what I posted didn’t portray who I am as a person in a good way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment