For this week the idea that stood out to me was forgiveness. For me, forgiveness is very
important. Not only to give to others, but also for others to be able to
forgive me too. I want to believe that I am a forgiving person but sometimes,
especially during a conflict, I understand I may be a little hypocritical and
not quick to forgive others. I tend not to let things get to me and if they do I
try not to let them linger as a problem for too long. So when it comes to
forgiveness, if I catch myself not giving it to others I try my best to let it
go and understand people make mistakes. Also as a Christian I believe it is
morally correct to forgive others as God forgives you. But there are some
instances, like that of my uncle’s which I briefly talked about in my last post,
where forgiveness becomes quite hard to give. I do feel one day may be able to
forgive him, but as for now I don’t think I’m ready. Other than this instance,
as I said before I try to be forgiving; because for me if you forgive others it
easier for them to forgive you.
Hi, I agree with you that forgiving others will make forgiveness easier on us. We are humans, so mistakes are normal. Many will not agree with our decisions since we have different personalities, views, and backgrounds. Living in the Bay Area, there are diverse communities everywhere. There are different ways people communicate, so it is important that we know how some areas converse. I recall a time when a tourist from San Francisco stated “There are too many Asians around Pier 39”. As soon as I heard that, I wanted to make a reply, but I decided to keep my mouth shut. I thought to myself that the person probably has not visited the area before.
ReplyDelete