Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Negative View of Conflict
I feel people have negative views of conflict because of their past experiences of being in a conflict. I know before I took this class I didn’t really understand conflict and I was like most people. I associated conflict with negativity because the result of all the ones I’ve been in. Also I feel people view it negatively because they don’t know how to handle them, and because of that the conflict ends with a bad result. If people knew more about not just conflict but also how to handle them, then I feel they would not have such a negative view of it or be fearful when in the midst of one. If they could learn how to approach a conflict and resolve their matters with others in a more positive way, they would be so uneasy when they’re in a conflict. It’s working for me, so I believe it can work for them to, because I was once in their shoes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hello, I agree with you that conflicts are difficult to resolve. However, if we chose to resolve a situation the moment it occurs, then we can have a positive outcome. With our peers, we tend to have disagreements since it is inevitable. If one party decides to compromise, then the other party will as well. If the opposite party decides to avoid the situation, then the conflict will escalate at a later time. Yet, we learn ways to approach those that give negative outcomes. Hopefully, we can use the information effectively in our daily lives. Overall, the class made an impact as a student, and I am sure all would agree.
ReplyDelete