After going over the readings from this week, I must say the
one thing that stood out to me was the three solutions to lightening up. The
reason being is because at this point in my life I feel there are a lot of
things that are “pulling” me in different directions, I have a part time job as
a recreational leader at The Boys & Girls Club, I’m a walk-on, and I am a
college student. All these things have their own agenda and I am expected to
put forth my best effort in all these areas despite what is going on outside of
these things. I continuously feel that I am overloaded with too much to deal
with; but the three solutions that I can put to use with these daily activities
can help me handle my stress levels and change my outlook on my job, school,
and basketball. As I stated in a previous blog I posted this week, the first solution
of distinguishing work and play and viewing work as something we do for the
sake of something else could help me with me recreational duties. The second
solution of changing the way I feel about everyday activities would help with
my school work. I feel this could help because with this solution implemented
in this area for the simple fact school work is an everyday activity for a
college student, so we might as well enjoy doing it. Then lastly, the third solution
of integration could help with my walk-on situation. Because as I stated before I am beginning to
understand I may not achieve the things I want to with basketball without going
through struggle. As it says in the readings “joy and pain are often found in
the same place”.
No comments:
Post a Comment