Friday, March 9, 2012

Trust Issues


Trust has been an issue for me since I was a little kid. There have been many times where I’ve lost trust for someone, but I must say the one that hurts the most is the trust I lost in my uncle. I won’t get to personal, but he basically disrespected my mother and my family during the time of my father’s death. I reacted in a bad way and became very angry with him because of this. The damaged he caused was so severe that till this day we don’t speak to him. Our trust with each other was not and still isn’t restored. Like the book states, “we trust others when we think they have our best interest at heart and do not wish to hurt us”. All these things that apply to trust is what I felt he violated. Lines were crossed that shouldn’t have been, and because of this I believe I can never trust him again. 

2 comments:

  1. I also have a hard time trusting people since I was little. Same as you, personal details are not necessary, but I understand where you’re coming from. Whenever something happens with disrespect it hard to gain trust back. I’m so sorry that you still have not made it right with him. That becomes hard at times because family is forever whether we like it or not. I like the quote from the book that you chose because it really relates to you. When trust occurs in our hearts, we hope that the line is never crossed and that people don’t hurt us, but that is not always the case. But I hope things get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to your story about losing trust in a family member. I lost trust in my mother many years ago and have been unable to forgive her for all of the hurt her actions caused. I think that when we are so close to people and let our guards down it automatically opens us up to being hurt. Unfortunately, sometimes people do and say things that cause pain and those things can’t be erased. I know from experience that it can be extremely difficult to forgive and forget. I think it is important to keep in mind that not everyone will break your trust and even though it may be hard being able to trust people is important to have healthy relationships.
     

    ReplyDelete