Sunday, March 11, 2012

The threat of Distrust


To me this week's readings were very interesting. But out of all the topics covered, the threat of distrust stood out to me the most. Learning that distrust and unhealthy trust can both be detrimental to any type of relationship and can contribute to a harmful conflict situation was eye opening to me. Not as if I didn't know not trusting someone can mess two people's relationship up. But because the booked talked about the motives and reason why someone is considered distrustful or why you have an unhealthy trust issue with them. This entire chapter though was very helpful for me. I have a lot of trust issues and this helped me better understand them. Understand them in a sense of how to deal with them and how I should probably go about fixing some of them. I do understand the ramifications of not having trust in people, and hopefully I can make some changes with some of them to better our relationship. But don’t get me wrong, some lines should never be crossed. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your post. As we get older, we meet more and more people each day. It is difficult to keep the trust we have with one person and expect the same from another. Everyone has their own personality. Nowadays, people come from different views, personalities, and backgrounds. Trust is a strong relationship between people. Trust does not determine who has known each other the longest, but the ones who have stayed from the start. Good friends can turn into worst enemies, easily. Always keep a good eye out on people. People are not what they say they are sometimes.

    ReplyDelete