Friday, March 23, 2012

The Three Solutions


As a college student my daily life always seems to be to stressful to handle. Most of the time it seems like I don’t have time for anything; work, school, and basketball seems to just leave me with so much stress. But after reading chapter 7, I do see where I can implement the three solutions to help deal with my stress situation. The first solution could help me when it comes to my school work. I feel this could help because I do need to understand the severity of gaining an education is and also realize that even though times will get tough I’m doing it for the “sake” of obtaining a successful future. Now when it comes to dealing with the stress that comes with my job I should definitely focus on the second solution. This solution states that a way to lighten up is to view that play is an attitude of mind that may pervade any human activity. To me this simply means to relax and have some fun. Even though my part time job as can be stressful, it’s not as bad as I make it, and sometimes if I don’t go there with the wrong type of attitude I wouldn’t be stressed out so much. Lastly the third solution, integration, is to understand that joy and pain often are found in the same place. Being a walk on can be very stressful. You make a team and have to do everything scholarship players do but aren’t even guaranteed to play or even be on the team the next year.  But I do need to and have been beginning to understand that success isn’t achieved without struggle, and I know where I am it doesn’t dictate where I am going. 

2 comments:

  1. Out of all three solutions I found that I could relate most to the first solution. Many times it’s hard to see the bigger picture of receiving a good education. Considering that we are paying to inconvenience our life for 4 years without any type of immediate gratification can be quite frustrating. The way I see getting an education is essentially investing in your future. Going to school isn’t about getting a good job and making a lot of money. In short, getting an education opens up doors to allow one to do what truly makes them happy. At the end of the way a person with some type of formal education is given more opportunities than an individual who has not attended college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same situation as you. I feel like I have no time to do anything when I have so much on my plate. It is hard to handle jobs and school full time. I admire this chapter a lot because it is an eye opener for how to manage and understand stress. Understanding is the first step to managing anything in communications and conflict. The hard part is how to actually approach the three solutions. I want to be able to apply myself but is easier said than done. At least we have the first step down. UNDERSTANDING.

    ReplyDelete